The development of enabling technologies for biological discovery in the field of human physiology and pathophysiology.
Stem cell engineering.
Human organ on a chip.
Dr. Nicola Elvassore graduated from University of Padova in 1995 and received a Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering at University of Padova in 1999. He was Post-Doc the Department of Chemical Engineering at University of Padova, assistant professor 1999-2001 at Department of Chemical Engineering at University of Padova, Fulbright visiting scientist and research Affiliate and visiting Scientist at Harvard - M.I.T. Division of Health Sciences and Technology, M.I.T., Cambridge, USA and visiting scientist at Tokyo University (2010), New South Wales University at Sydney (2007 and 2009) and University of California (1998, 2004 and 2008).
Since 2009 he become principal Investigator at Venetian Institute of Molecular Medicine, Padua and, since 2014, associate professor at the Department of Industrial Engineering at University of Padova.
• Giobbe GG, Michielin F, Luni C, Giulitti S, Martewicz S, Dupont S, Floreani A, Elvassore N. 2015. Functional differentiation of human pluripotent stem cells on a chip. Nat Methods. 12:637–640.
• Luni C, Serena E, Elvassore N. 2014. Human-on-chip for therapy development and fundamental science. CurrOpin Biotech. 25: 45-50.
• Zatti S, Martewicz S, Serena E, Uno N, Giobbe GG, Kazuki Y, Oshimura M, Elvassore N. 2014. Complete restoration of multiple dystrophin isoforms in genetically corrected Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy patient-derived cardiomyocytes. MolTher – Methods and Clinical Development 1:article 1.
• Aragona M, Panciera T, Manfrin M, Giulitti S, Michielin F, Elvassore N, Dupont S, Piccolo S. 2013. A mechanical checkpoint controls multicellular growth through YAP/TAZ regulation by actin-processing factors. Cell. 154(5):1047-1059.
• Dupont S, Morsut L, Aragona M, Enzo E, Giulitti S, Cordenonsi M, Zanconato F, Le Digabel J, Forcato M, Bicciato S and others. 2011. Role of YAP/TAZ in mechanotransduction. Nature 474(7350):179-U212.