Distinguished Adjunct Professor
Shanghai Institute for Advanced Immunochemical Studies, ShanghaiTech University
Laboratory: Lab of Phenotypic Screen
Dr. Guang Yang finished his Ph.D. education at College Park, University of Maryland in 1995. Recently he won the Talent Award of Innovation and Entrepreneur of Jiangsu Province in 2012. His research focus include phenotypic assay development and application; examination and characterization of therapeutic antibodies and their targets.; Dr. Guang Yang familiar with various disease areas, such as cancer, inflammatory, auto-immune, infectious, metabolic disorders, etc. He has a solid academic background, and has 20 years’ work experience in R&D department of global pharmaceutical companies and drug discovery institutes. The R&D team led by him obtained extraordinary achievements in the field of research and drugs discovery. He had established a wide range of cooperation with domestic and foreign partners.
1. Provisional patent, case number P51253P, Compounds and Methods March 30, 2001.
2. Provisional patent, case number P51183P, Truncated Methionine Aminopeptidase-2 Sept. 2001
3. Provisional patent, docket number 8017-005-PR, “Heterocyclic Compounds as Dipeptidyl Peptidase IV Inhibitors” August 28, 2002
1. Yea K1, Zhang H, Xie J, Jones TM, Yang G, Song BD, Lerner RA. Converting stem cells to dendritic cells by agonist antibodies from unbiased morphogenic selections. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2013 Sep 10;110(37):14966-71.
2. Yang, G. & Bu, H.-Z.”Toxicology of Chiral Drugs”(2011) in “Chiral Drugs: Chemistry and Biological Action” Wiley, ISBN: 978-0-470-58720-1, Chapter 11.