The Laboratory of Computational Biology (LBC) in SIAIS is led by Prof. Michael Levitt, Nobel Prize Laureate in Chemistry in 2013. The research focus of the Laboratory of Computational Biology (LBC) in SIAIS is to build theoretical and computational tools aimed at investigate biological systems.
We evaluate candidates according either of the following profiles
Faculty Position for the Lab of Computational Biology (Prof. Michael Levitt)
The ideal candidate:
1) Has a Ph. D. Degree in Physics, Chemistry, Computer Sciences or Mathematics or in Biology related fields.
2) Has at least two years post doc experience in simulation of biological systems at any level.
3) Has good knowledge of main software for molecular dynamics (Gromacs, Amber, NAMD etc.) and visualization (VMD, Chimera etc.), and knowledge in at least one of the most used programming language (C, C++, Fortran, Pyhton etc).
4) A record of publications in International peer reviewed journals, appropriate for the career experience.
5) Is an independent researcher, that can take responsibility of his/her own projects
6) Is fluent in spoken and written English
7) Experience in machine learning will be highly evaluated
Train and supervise post doc and students. Perform simulations or develop new methods for simulations. Conduce independent research, in collaboration with PI and Co-PI.