Distinguished Adjunct Professor
Shanghai Institute for Advanced Immunochemical Studies, ShanghaiTech University
Address: Room304, Building 6, No.99 Haike Road, Pudong District, Shanghai, ChinaLaboratory:
Lab of ADC ChemistryIntroduction:
Biao (Bill) Jiang was born in November, 1962 in Fujian Province, China. He received B.S. and M.S. degrees in Chemistry from Lanzhou University, and obtained a joint Ph.D degree from Lanzhou University and Shanghai Institute of Organic Chemistry (SIOC), under the supervision of Professor Wei-shan Zhou. After two years of postdoctoral research at SIOC, he became an Assistant Professor at SIOC in 1990 and then received an early promotion for Associate Professor in 1992. He became a full Professor In 1994. During his career at SIOC, he served as Vice Director and Director of the institute. In 2012, he was appointed Director of Shanghai Institute for Advanced Immunochemical Studies (SIAIS), ShanghaiTech University. His research at SIAIS is focused on translational medicine, including drug lead discovery using focused compound library, antibody drug conjugates (ADCs) and gene therapy.Education
1988, PhD., Chemistry, joint degree from Lanzhou University and Shanghai Institute of Organic Chemistry (SIOC)
1986, M.S., Chemistry, Lanzhou University
1983, B.S., Chemistry, Lanzhou UniversityProfessional
2012-present, Professor, Shanghai Institute for Advanced Immunochemical Studies (SIAIS), ShanghaiTech University
2009-present, Professor, Shanghai Advanced Research Institute (SARI), Chinese Academy of Sciences
1994-present, Professor, SIOC
1992-1994, Visiting Scientist in medicinal chemistry, DuPont, U.S.
1992-1994, Associate Professor, SIOC
1990-1992, Assistant Professor, SIOC
1988-1990, postdoc, SIOCAppointments
2012-present, Director, SIAIS, ShanghaiTech University
2009-present, Vice Director, SARI, Chinese Academy of Sciences
2001-2009, Director, SIOC
1995-1999, Vice Director, SIOCAwards and Honors
2008, Second Class National Award for Science and Technology Progress
2007, TEAP Champion Award of United Nations Environment Programme
2007, Chinese Chemical Society-Sci Finder Award for Creative Work in Synthetic Organic Chemistry
2007, Médaille des Maires de France (France Mayor Medal)
2006, Eli Lilly Research Excellence Award in China (ELSEA)
2005, National Outstanding Postdoctorate of China
2004, The National New Century Talents Project
2003, First Class Award of Shanghai Science and Technology Progress
2003, Outstanding Member of the Communist Party of Shanghai Science and Technology System
2003, Outstanding Member of the Communist Party for Prevention and Treatment of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS)
2001, Xu Guangqi Shanghai science and Technology Award
2001, Outstanding Youth Award in the International Chinese Conference of Organic Chemistry
2000, Qiushi Outstanding Youth Award in Chinese Science Association
1997, Shanghai Outstanding Returned Oversea Scholar
1997, Shanghai Outstanding Postdoctoral Scholar
1997, Shanghai Putuo District Outstanding Youth Award
1997, Shanghai Top Ten Outstanding Youth Award
1997, Second Class National Award for Science and Technology Progress
1996, Qiushi Outstanding Youth Award in Chinese Science Association
1996, Chinese Outstanding Youth Science and Technology Entrepreneurship Award
1996, Shanghai Top Ten Science and Technology Star
1996, Outstanding Young Scholar Award in Shanghai Science and Technology System
1996, Outstanding Young Scholar Award in Chinese Academy of Science Shanghai Branch
1992, Special allowance of the State Department
1991, Young Scholar Award in Chinese Academy of Science
1991, Outstanding Ph.D Scholar in Gansu ProvinceOff-campus Activities
Co-Chair, Chemical Technology Option Committee, United Nation Environmental Programme
Member, Technology and Economic Assessment Panel, United Nation Environmental Programme
Founder and Chairman of Board Director, Shanghai International Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.
Founder and Chairman of Board Director, Shanghai Synica Co. Ltd.Representative Publications
1. Biao Jiang and Yu-Gui Si (2004) Highly enantioselective construction of a chiral tertiary carbon center via alkynylation of cyclic N-acyl ketemine: an efficient preparation of HIV therapeutics. Angew. Chem., Int. Ed. Engl., 43, 216-218.
2. Biao Jiang and Min Xu (2004) Highly enantioselective construction of fused pyrrolidine systems that contain a quaternary stereocenter: concise formal synthesis of (+)-conessine. Angew. Chem., Int. Ed. Engl., 43, 2543-2546.
3. Biao Jiang and Yu-Gui Si (2004) The First Highly Enantioselective Alkynylation of Chloral: A Practical and Efficient Pathway to Chiral Trichloromethyl Propargyl Alcohols. Adv. Synth. Catal., 346, 669-674.
4. Biao Jiang and Xiao-Long Zhao (2004) A Simple and Efficient Resolution of (±)-4,12-dihydroxy[2.2]paracyclophane. Tetrahedron: Asymmetry, 15, 1141-1143.
5. Qiang Fang, Biao Jiang, Bing Xu, Wanjun Wang, Feng Yu, Xiaqin Wu (2004) Preparation and Properties of New Soluble p-Conjugated Polymers Containing a Fumaronitrile Unit in the Main Chain. Macromol. Rapid Commun., 25, 1429-1432.
6. Qiang Fang, Biao Jiang, Bing Xu, Amin Cao (2004) Synthesis and Properties of Highly Photoluminescent and Electrochemically Active Polymers Containing 2-Pyrazoline Units in the Main Chain. Macromol. Rapid Commun., 25, 1856-1859.
7. Cai-Guang Yang, Hao Huang, Biao Jiang (2004) Progress in Studies of Novel Marine Bis(indole)Alkaloids. Current Organic Chemistry, 8(17), 1691-1720.
8. Q.B. Song, Z. M. Jin, H. B. Wang and B. Jiang (2004) N’- (Benzenesulfonyl)-4-methylthiazole-5-carbohydrazide. Acta Crystallographica Section E. Structure Reports Online, 60(8), 1292-1293.
9. Biao Jiang*, Zuo-Gang Huang, and Ke-Jun Cheng (2004) Synthesis of 1,4:3,6-dianhydro-d-mannitol 2,5-(hydrogen-phosphate) and its usage in palladium-catalyzed hydroxy-carbonylation of styrene. HETEROCYCLES, 63(12), 2797–2803.
10. Biao Jiang, Fangjiang Zhang and Wennan Xiong (2003) A convenient stereoselective synthesis of trifluoromethyl-substituted polyfunctionalized cyclopropane: synthesis of (±) trans-trifluoronorcoronamic acid. Chem. Commun., 536-537.
11. Biao Jiang, Jia-Feng Liu, and Sheng-Yin Zhao (2003) Enantioselective Total Syntheses of Slagenins A-C and Their Antipodes. J. Org. Chem., 68, 2376-2384.
12. Biao Jiang and Yu-Gui Si (2003) Lewis acid promoted alkynylation of imi8nes with terminal alkynes: simple, mild and dfficient preparation of propargylic amines. Tetrahedron Letters., 44, 6767-6768.
13. Ning Zou, Jia-Feng Liu, and Biao Jiang (2003) Solution-Phase Synthesis of a Thiazoyl-Substituted Indolyl library via Suzuki Cross-Coupling J. Comb. Chem., 5, 754-755.Patents
1. Biao Jiang, Philip Ma, An Efficient Pathway To Construct 15-Oxa-Sterol: Synthesis of Novel HMG-CoA Reductase Inhibitor. USA Patent pending
2. Biao Jiang, Philip Ma Method For Preparing a-Chloroboronic Acids From Mannitol, patent USA 5973185, WO WO 97-US11324
3. Biao Jiang, Yuan-Yao Xu, Preparation and Application of the Trifluoroacetic Isopropenyl Zinc Reagent and its derivatives. ZL 90106105
4. Biao Jiang, Yuan-Yao Xu, Application of the Trifluoroacetic Isopropenyl Zinc Reagent and its derivatives. ZL 94112021.X
5. Biao Jiang, Fang-Jiang Zhang, Contain β-Trifluoromethyl Group of the Pentaatomic Heterocycles and its Synthesis ZL 98110885.7
6. Biao Jiang, Jin-Tao Zhu, Hai-Fang Mao, Jing-Yuan Ma, The Production and Application of a Diketone Compound. ZL 98122044.4
7. Biao Jiang, Long-Quan Tan, Synthesis of 1,3-Bis(3-aminophenoxy)benzene. ZL 98122045.2
8. Biao Jiang, Xiao-Hui Gu, The Production and Application of Bis-indole Heterocyclic Compounds. ZL 98122896.8
9. Biao Jiang, Xiao-Bing Zhang, Synthesis of Trifluoroacetyl Acetophenone and its Derivatives. ZL 99113670.5
10. Biao Jiang, Wen-Nan Xiong, Synthesis of 4-Trifluoromethyl-Pyridine Compounds. ZL 99127004.5
11. Biao Jiang, Jian Zhou, Fang-Jiang Zhang, Wen-Jing Ju, 1-Trifluoromethyl-2- Alkyl Vinylaniline Derivatives and its Synthesis. ZL 99127005. 3
12. Biao Jiang, De-Liang Xie, The Method and Equipment to Produce Chloromethyltrimethylsilane by Gas-phase Photochl-orination. ZL 00119457.7
13. Biao Jiang, Qiang Fang, The Method to Produce 4-(2- Alkoxyethyl) phenol by the Phase Transfer Catalyst. ZL 00119868.8
14. Biao Jiang, Quan-Fu Wang, The Preparation and Application of 1-(Trifluoromethyl) Alkenylboronic Acid. ZL 00125767.6
15. Biao Jiang, De-Liang Xie, The Method and Equipment to Produce Chloromethylchlorosilane by Gas-phase Chlorination. ZL 1105690.8
16. Biao Jiang, Quan-Fu Wang, Wen-Nan Xiong, Zi-Li Chen, A Metal Difluoromethanesulfonate, Synthesis and Application. ZL 01105780.7
17. Biao Jiang, Wen-Nan Xiong, Zi-Li Chen, A method of Asymmetric Synthesis Secondary Propargyl Alcohols. ZL 01105779.3
18. Wei-Shan Zhou, Biao Jiang, Ji-Ming Shen, The Cholesteric Lactone and Preparation. ZL 97106789.9